Glass And Glazing
More Than Just Glass…
If you think that a sheet of glass is just a sheet of glass, you are mistaken. Over the past few years, there have been major developments in glass technology. These improvements have totally changed the industry and its capabilities. Your choice of glass can have a huge impact on the light, privacy, security and energy-efficient of your home.
The warmth of your home can be dramatically affected by the type of glass you use in your windows, doors and conservatories. This can mean big implications for your comfort and wallet! Did you know that modern double glazed windows are 55% more efficient than their predecessors? Just think of the difference this can make to your heating bills!
Government Building Regulations require us to save energy to help protect the environment. Installing new, more efficient glazing is an effective way of doing this. Insulating glass can reduce how much you need to use your central heating. This helps protect the planet by saving resources.
So How Has Double Glazing Changed?
Technically advanced glass is specifically designed to help insulate your home. It does this by keeping as much heat inside as possible. Glass of this type is commonly known as thermally insulating or low emissivity glass.
A transparent metallic coating on one side of the glass reflects heat back into the room. This prevents warmth made by your central heating from escaping through the window.
Clear cut benefits of new, high-performance glass:
- Better thermal insulation – reduces heat loss and saves you more money on heating bills.
- Less of a tint to the glass – allows more light through and provides clearer vision through your window.
- Environmentally friendly – less need for heating helps reduce energy consumption and resource use.
- Less chance of haze – old insulated glass was prone to having a dusty effect because of the manufacturing techniques used.
Plantiherm Self-Cleaning Glass
Wouldn’t it be great if there was glass that didn’t need regular cleaning? Good news…there is!
The latest innovation to be introduced to the industry is self-cleaning glass. We offer the fantastic SGG Plantitherm Total. A special coating applied to the glass causes water to sheet off the surface. This leaves a clean exterior with minimal spotting or streaking. Using UV energy, the glass gradually breaks down and loosens dirt, allowing it to be easily washed away.
As well as being self-cleaning, Plantitherm glass is also very thermally efficient and noise cancelling. It also regulates solar rays. This feature prevents your home from overheating or furniture becoming faded from exposure. The panes can even have an anti-condensation coating that significantly reduces the occurrence of this problem.
Save yourself time and hassle with self-cleaning glass.
Pilkington Obscure Glass
At Newglaze we offer a wide range of obscure glass designs. There are 18 different patterned glass designs to choose from. Our collection is sourced from the international market leaders, Pilkington.
The advantages of Pilkington Texture Glass are easy to see. It allows maximum light in, while maintaining your chosen level of privacy or obscuration. It also forms an attractive decorative feature itself. That’s why this textured glass is the most trusted on the market.
There is a wide range of original designs and the Pilkington Oriel etched glass range offers even more possibilities. All style options offer the quality you would expect from one of the most recognised glass brands. There really is no better decorative glass choice for your home.
The main benefits of Pilkington Texture Glass are:
- It offers privacy and style throughout the home, wherever you want it
- Five levels of privacy are available. These range from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest)
- There are 12 original patterns in the primary collection and 6 in the replacement range
- Toughened or laminated glass is available for enhanced safety and security
- All designs are suitable for double glazing, so you don’t need to compromise on style or performance