We hope you enjoy your experience using the Newglaze website and talking to our advisers. In the course of doing so, we collect certain personal details from you to allow us to deal with your enquiry and provide the best possible service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect basic personal data about you, which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (often known as “sensitive personal data”). This information does, however, include the following:
- – Name and job title.
- – Postal address including postcode.
- – Email address.
- – Landline telephone number.
- – Mobile telephone number.
- – Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Whilst the Company will receive bank or credit/debit card details for payment of our services, these details will not be retained longer than is necessary to process payment and to enable us to provide the services that you have agreed.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- – We use the information you provide primarily for the provision of the services you have engaged us to provide and to assert our right to be recompensed in return for these services in accordance with any agreement or contract we have with you. We also require basic personal data for internal record keeping purposes, statutory, legal and regulatory compliance. Please note that the services you have engaged us to provide may require us to disclose information to third parties such as our suppliers and subcontractors.
- – To facilitate the provision of warranties and guarantees in respect of the equipment supplied by us.
- – To monitor customer satisfaction, including processing customer satisfaction surveys.
- – To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- – To notify you about changes to our services and to contact you about new developments. We will only contact you in this way if you have consented to us using your personal data in this way and that you want to receive this information from us.
Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by staff in the United Kingdom. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- – In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- – If Newglaze or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- – If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of business or any other contractual stipulation.
- – To protect the rights, property, or safety of Newglaze, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- – Where disclosure is necessary for the purposes of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings).
- – Where disclosure is necessary in order to carry out the services that you have requested us to supply pursuant to the contract with us, for instance to suppliers and subcontractors.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will generally keep your personal data for a minimum of six years, after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the lawful purposes for which it was obtained. We may well retain data beyond this period in relation to the guaranties and warranties that we issue. If you consent to marketing, any information we use for this purpose will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
Information provided to us, whether via our website or through some other medium, will be subject to confidentiality and will not be disclosed, unless we are required by law to do so, without your prior consent to any third party, other than to an employee, director of the Company or our legal advisers. The information disclosed to us will be used by us for the purpose of providing you with the service you require.
If information or details you have provided to Newglaze change or you believe the information we are holding on you is incorrect, please let us know by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01258 483535 or write to Newglaze Windows Ltd FREEPOST RTGY-ALEH-ESUZ, 1 Sunrise Business Park Higher Shaftesbury Road Blandford Forum Dorset DT11 8ST
You have a right to request copies of the data held about you by Newglaze. To do so please contact us as above. If you object to the Company holding your data or the use of your data for any or all of the stated purposes or should you wish to amend the type of communications you receive or the way in which the Company contacts you, please contact us as stated above.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.